Adnan Ali

If you are here looking for Adnan Ali, then you will find him on http://www.adnanali.org.

Adnan Ali is a Search Optimization, Search Marketing and Social Media Strategy professional from Lahore, Pakistan. 

Thursday, August 09, 2007

How To: Subscribe to The Dosti Show RSS Feed

Dear Readers,

If you are already reading this post in your favorite RSS (Real Simple Syndication) reader then you may choose to skip ahead, but if you stick to it, you may find out some of the benefits of subscribing to The Dosti Show RSS feed.

The image on the left shows the RSS subscription panel I have provided in the right column of this blog page. Go ahead, take a moment to have a look at it. Scroll down if need be ---->

Back? Ok. As you have seen you have been provided many ways to subscribe. Just by clicking one 'chiclet' (yes these buttons are called chiclets), you can subscribe for your Google Reader, Yahoo, Newsgator, Netvibes and Bloglines which are some of the more commonly used RSS aggregators.

If thats not your cookie, then you can simply add your email address in the box. You will recieve an email to confirm your choice.

How does it work?
RSS subscriptions work by pulling the latest updates from a provider, just like this blog, and displaying it in your favorite RSS reader or Email application.

What are the benefits of subscribing?

  1. It is absolutely free. There is no subscription cost.
  2. You only get an update in your RSS reader or Email when I add a new post to this blog.
  3. You do not have to browse to this blog, the updates reach you.
  4. If you subscribe to another feed, like my Twenty20 World Cup blog, your RSS reader or Email will be able to aggregate all the updates into one screen for your reading pleasure.
  5. I provide a full RSS feed. This means that the whole content of every post including pictures will reach you.
  6. If you feel like visiting the site at any time, and I would like you to visit me, you can simply click on a post title and reach this site.
  7. All of my posts in the RSS will come with activated links which you can use to forward a post to friends, add comments or add the post to sites like Digg, Reddit and Stumble It.
  8. Last but not the least, your subscription will boast my morale and I will continue to put as much effort as I can into this blog. I love writing on topics which you want to read and let some of myself come through.

I would like to thank you for reading my blog and supporting me with comments. I believe in open communication and only through this mechanism can we all reach consensus on all the issues that effect us.

Have a great one,

Adnan Ali

No comments:

Other Blogs by the Author